Speyside Cottages is the trading name of Tannochbrae Cuisine Ltd
Once a booking has been confirmed with Speyside Cottages a contract has been entered into. The person or organisation whose name appears on the booking form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to all of the following Conditions of Let. By making your booking you and your guests agree to the following terms of conditions.
Your booking is with Speyside Cottages referred to hereon in as SC or the Home or Site name. Speyside Cottages is the trading name of Tannochbrae Cuisine Ltd which is a limited company registered in Scotland, company no SC431232
‘Sites’ and ‘Homes’ are defined as the following properties, The Milking Sheds, 1-Wee-Kalf, 2 Wee-Kalf, Dufftown, Ben Shea Smart Home, Dufftown
City Apartment, Aberdeen, Couthy Harbour House, Findochty
References to ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘guest’ are references to the person or organisation booking with SC
- These terms apply to bookings made via SC website, by email, telephone or in person. Bookings made via a third party travel agent will have their respective terms and conditions applied.
- Agree to limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated on the website or as confirmed by guest during booking process. Changes to this number only with the express prior consent by SC
- A guest booking is confirmed and legal contract concluded once a payment has been successfully made. No booking is made or contract concluded when payment is declined or unauthorised. Any subsequent changes to a booking must be agreed in writing by both parties
- You agree that the booking is for a short term stay for leisure, business or temporary purposes. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only. The booking does not form a tenancy agreement.
- Bookings can be made for any length of time from 2 or 3 nights up to 28 days, any booking longer or shorter than this must be agreed by SC in advance.
- Bookings can be made up to 6pm on day of your first night stay, with the exception of Couthy Harbour House, bookings for this home can be made up to 24hours before first night of stay.
- Bookings can only be made by a person aged 18 years old or above and there must be at least one person aged 18 years old or above staying in the accommodation. It is the right of SC to refuse to hand over the property to any guest deemed unsuitable to take charge.
- You may not resell or re-assign your booking to any other person or organisation without the express approval of SC
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
- Payments can be accepted by Debit or Credit Card or Bank Transfer
- A deposit, typically 30% of payment, is due at the time of booking and balance is payable 14 days prior to arrival. If a booking is made with less than 14 days notice full payment is required upon booking. Failure to make payment for any rental charges will result in SC treating the property as available for re-letting.
- A full refund is available up to 14 days prior to arrival. We reserve the right to not give refunds on any bookings made 14 days before arrival date. If SC is able to rebook out the accommodation to another guests it will make a refund of your booking cost less a discretionary administration fee and any difference in price where the replacement booking was of a lesser value. To safeguard against cancellation charges or other unforeseen eventualities guests should consider cancellation and/or travel insurance.
- In the event of a cancellation by SC, its liability shall be limited to the return in full the monies already paid. Cancellation is only foreseen for any reasons outside SC reasonable control or in the event of an overbooking due to delays or errors on third party booking systems.
- Cancellations due to Covid travel restrictions in your local area or at the Site location will have a full refund offered less a discretionary administration fee or worry-free date changes made for stay to at a mutually agreeable time
Check In & Check Out
- Check in time is from 4pm on arrival date
- Check-out time is by 10am on day of departure
- Earlier check-in time, or later check-out time may be available and must be agreed in advance. SC may request an additional payment for this service
- Detailed arrival information including access to your home will be sent by separate communication
- You are responsible for the conduct of all persons staying within the home and to ensure they comply with these terms and conditions.
- Failure to vacate the home by check out time may incur a minimum penalty charge of £25
Care & Consideration
- Guests agree to respect and look after the home during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising any fire risk throughout stay.
- Electricity and heating should be run at the minimum level required, particularly when not present at the property.
- We ask that guests practice common sense, care and consideration for the home during their stay. This involves ensuring cleanliness is observed, with surfaces and woodwork being kept clean of stains and debris. We ask that chopping boards and provided drinks coasters are used in order to prevent damage to work tops and surfaces, under no circumstances should food be chopped on the work surfaces.
- Linen and towels are included with your stay and will be within your home Linen is laundered at high temperature
- A housekeeping service is not included with your stay. For stays longer than 7 nights we can provide information of housekeeping service available and if appropriate inline with Covid guidelines
- Smoking is strictly not permitted internally in any homes. If smoking please do so outside and dispose of your rubbish in a safe manner. An additional cleaning charge will be applied should a breach be identified.
- Please consider neighbours especially after 9.30pm and ensure there is no excessive noise or disturbance.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome with a minimal £25 charge applied per dog per stay (max of 2 dogs) This is with the understanding that guests will not allow their dogs onto furniture and beds. Please do help us to maintain the high standards we aim to provide to all of our guests. Please act responsibly for your dog(s) and clean up where necessary both on walks and in the garden. We do reserve the right to charge for extra deep cleaning and repair or replacement costs if your dog damages any item. Please accept liability for any damaged caused. Pets must be house-trained and must not be left alone at anytime in or near the accommodation.
- Replace keys from the secure lock box they were obtained on arrival to your home
- Any damage to site facilities left in an unsatisfactory state may incur extra charges for replacement or deep cleaning. We understand wear and tear happens and not all breakages or damage will be charged but do inform SC so standards can be maintained for future guests. SC reserves the right to apply charges for replacing or repairing items damaged or stolen during your stay.
- Guests are to be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and securing the property when sleeping or absent.
- Any items left behind must be claimed within two weeks of departure. If relevant, postage and packing charges for the return of goods will apply.
- Guests accept responsibility for personal property whilst occupying the home is solely theirs. All vehicles are left at guests’ risk.
- SC are absolved of all liability for accidents, mishap to guests and from any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property whilst in the home or engaged in any activity therein or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- SC shall not be responsible for the death or personal injury to a guest.
- SC reserves the right to ask guests not observing the terms and conditions to leave the site without refunds and with immediate effect.
- As the owner of the property, SC reserves the right to gain access at any reasonable time during occupancy for the purpose of emergency maintenance or repair or any other need.
- The liability of SC to you under these terms and conditions shall be limited to the total value of your booking
- SC shall not liable in any circumstances to you for any consequential or indirect lost of profit, data, management time, reputation or goodwill.
Severability, Agreement & Jurisdiction
- If any provision or provisions of these terms and conditions shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability or the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior communications, understandings and agreements relating to the subject matter hereof, whether oral or written.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the Scottish Law and the Courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction where applicable to do so.